Teeth Whitening Remains Most Economical Way Of Improving Your Smile
When was the last time you smiled confidently or without hesitation?
Although teeth are not naturally meant to be completely white, many people want a brighter smile. Teeth naturally darken with age and from the use of everyday products and certain foods or drinks. While there are many cosmetic dentistry approaches to improving your smile, teeth whitening remains to be one of the most economical.
At NOVO Dental Center we have two options available, In-Office Teeth Whitening and At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit. Both provide equally appealing and good results to enhance your faded smile. We highly recommend before any teeth whitening treatment that you have a professional cleaning done, as it will produce a better outcome.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
(also known as Power Whitening)
The first option is in-office whitening that will provide you with fast and dramatic results, which is perfect if you are wanting to look your best for a special occasion or have little time to spare. Within one appointment you will see results.
The treatment begins with impressions being taken of your teeth for custom trays to be fabricated in our on-site lab. These trays will be used for priming your enamel prior to the in-office appointment and may be used in the future to maintain your new brighter smile. On the day of your whitening appointment, a protective liquid will be applied to your gums to protect them and to help prevent any sensitivity. Next, the whitening gel is applied directly to your teeth. The whitening agents in the gel are then activated by exposure to a dental lamp, to lighten your teeth. Three to four 8-minute cycles will typically achieve your desired level of whiteness and the results are immediate and lasting.
Advantages of In-Office Whitening
(You may also know it as ‘teeth bleaching’)
If you want to know if in-office whitening is right for you here are some of the advantages you can expect:
- Time – In-Office Whitening will produce immediate results, which means you will have a whiter smile immediately compared to other treatments that take a few weeks and or months.
- Long Lasting Results – If you’re thinking about getting your teeth whitened, we strongly encourage you to come in and have your teeth checked! This is to ensure there aren’t any new cavities present and to confirm that any existing dental work, such as fillings and crowns, are sealed and functioning as expected. We want to ensure our clients who are looking at getting their teeth whitened get the best and longest lasting results possible.
- Fewer Risks – Whitening is generally a comfortable experience. Some individuals who undergo whitening have tooth sensitivity and mild discomfort for a day or two. To help ensure the least amount of sensitivity or discomfort when you undergo a professional treatment, we cover your gums to protect them from contact with the whitening agents and conduct the process at a controlled pace. If you’re concerned about your sensitivity level we are happy to discuss how to make this a more comfortable and enjoyable experience for you.
- Safe With the treatment being done in our office you know that you are in good hands and we may assist you with any questions that arise during the treatment.
If you would like to know more about our in-office whitening or have any additional questions, please feel free to contact NOVO Dental Centre.
At-Home Teeth Whitening Kit
Our second recommended teeth whitening option is our take-home whitening kits. This option is great if you are looking for a more economical choice and have the time and flexibility to whiten your teeth over a period of approximately 2 weeks. Similar to our in-office whitening treatment, we will take Impressions of your teeth and customize trays that are specifically made for you. These trays are made at NOVO Dental Centre and take approximately 2-3 business days to be made. Once your trays are ready for pick-up we will also provide you with your take-home whitening kit, ready for you to start brightening your smile. Our recommended treatment regime is either each day doing 2 exposures for 20 minutes or one exposure for 40 minutes, consecutively for approximately 14 days. Within a few days, you will most likely start to see noticeable results and achieve the full effects in about 2 weeks. To help maintain your smile you may occasionally do routine touch-up treatments.
If you feel that our at-home whitening treatment is an option for you we would be happy to schedule you in for a professional cleaning and demonstrate how to use these kits safely and effectively while at home. Please feel free to give us a call and we can set up an appointment to get you started and walk you through all of the steps.
Questions Related to Teeth Whitening
Over the years we have had a number of clients ask us about teeth whitening, here are some of the common questions clients have.
Here are a few things that have a high chance of staining your teeth:
- Tea & Coffee
- Sodas & Sports Drinks
- Red Wine
- Blueberries, Pomegranates, Grapes
- Marinara Sauces
NOVO Dental Centre Teeth Whitening Treatment Plan
If one of your dental goals is to have a sparkling white smile, our in-office or at home whitening kits can be a great affordable option. Feel free to email or give us a call and we can help you find the perfect treatment plan to give you a more confident smile.
*American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry: Best Face Forward: Making GREAT First Impressions in a Digital Age